Posted June 30th, 2010
- Cycles of Change: An East Bay based bicycle education program that includes a non-profit community bike shop and job training site at the Alameda Point Collaborative.
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition: Founded in 1972, East Bay Bicycle Coalition (EBBC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting bicycling as an everyday means of transportation and recreation in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. EBBC works with 33 cities, both counties, Caltrans, and other government agencies to improve conditions for cyclists.
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition: Steadily improving our county's road and path facilities for walkers and bikers since we formed in 1998. Our goal is for 20 percent of all trips in Marin to be made by walking or bicycling by 2020.
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition: Our active 11,000 member represent San Franciscans of all ages, from all neighborhoods, who are working towards more safe, efficient, and green ways to move around our city.
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition: A 501(c)(3) organization that has provided a forum for bicyclists to organize, discuss common concerns, and take action in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties since the early 1970s.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): Like CalTrain, BART connects people from town to town throughout the Bay Area. Bicycles welcome.
- CalTrain: Caltrain, as the Bay Area public train network is commonly known, has one of the most extensive bicycle access programs among passenger railroads in the nation. The program has been so successful that Caltrain often receives requests to accommodate more bicycles.
- Berkeley/Oakland Bike Shops: An extensive list of Berkeley & Oakland area bike shops, evaluated by customers on Yelp.com.
- Lower Marin County Bike Shops: A short list of Mill Valley and Sausalito bike shops, evaluated by customers on Yelp.com.
- Pedal Revolution: A non-profit bicycle shop in the heart of the Mission District which teaches bicycle assembly and mechanical skills.
- Re-Cyclery Thrift Shop: A non-profit bike shop in San Rafael which organizes mountain bike rides for inner city kids and hosts after-school and earn-a-bike programs.
- SF Bike Shops: An extensive list of San Francisco area bike shops, evaluated by customers on Yelp.com.
- Silicon Valley Bike Shops: An extensive list of Silicon Valley bike shops, evaluated by customers on Yelp.com.
- Alcatraz Island: Nearly as iconic as the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz looms large in the San Francisco Bay and is worth a trip for any history buff, especially one who digs prisons.
- Boudin San Francisco Sourdough: Since 1849, the Boudin family has been serving sourdough to its visitors on Fisherman's Wharf.
- Caffee Trieste: One of the oldest Italian coffee bars on the West Coast, providing enough inspiration for Francis Ford Coppola to write the screenplay to 'The Godfather' while sipping espresso.
- Fine Arts Museums: The deYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park are the finest examples of history under two roofs in San Francisco.
- Ghirardelli Chocolates: Based near Fisherman's Wharf on the San Francisco Bay, Ghirardelli's is the place to visit for bike-riding chocolate lovers.
- Golden Gate Bridge: A thrill to ride across for any bicyclist, and the primary thoroughfare to Marin County.